Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Falls


Hi all...
What a nice day we had, still here at Niagara Falls. Our morning started out rather cloudy/foggy, so wasn't sure what our day was going to turn out. We caught the bus at 11:30 in front of the campground. And, while we were sitting there, a long haired guy walked up to catch the bus, too. I told Danny to ask if he'd like to sit, too, which he did and we struck up a conversation with him, learning he's here from England for 6 months, leaving next month. And, since he's been here, he was full of information for us, telling us different things to do around here, which was really nice.



Rainbow Bridge is in the above picture, a symbol of friendship connecting Canada and the United States of America. Niagara is North America's only bi-national natural attraction, joining 2 countries that share the world's longest peaceful border. (I copied this from a sign)

Above, American Falls.............below, Horseshoe Falls

Below, Tour Guide Vonnie above the two Falls, American on left & Horseshoe on right, with Maid of the Mist's boat out on the river.


Have you seen enough of the Falls? I'm going to have to continue on another post....

1 comment:

  1. Tracy sent me over here...and I'm glad she did. I haven't been to the falls since I was a little kid so your pictures brought back good memories. I need to take my kids there....

    ReplyDelete